Dr. Tiller was a Veteran who never rested in his civic duties. Honor him on this, the anniversary of his death which coincides with Memorial Day. I hope to one day see the day when doctors are able to serve patients with out fear.
Please help by making sure you live as a visible ally. A woman’s choice to end a pregnancy is never an easy one. We must assure that doctors are safely able to provide.
from I AM DR. TILLER
“There are so many things you can do to help protect abortion providers and to help women have access to safe, legal, healthy abortions.
- Escort at Planned Parenthood or an independent abortion provider. Women are regularly harassed by protestors when trying to enter an abortion clinic. Escorts, often clad in brightly colored vests, walk next to these women, helping them to overcome the intimidation tactics of the protestors. Find an abortion clinic near you.
- Donate to or volunteer at your local abortion access fund. Abortion access funds help women who can’t afford abortion procedures fill in the gap between what she can afford and what the abortion costs. Find an abortion access fund near you.
- Write to your Representative and Senator about your support for safe access to abortion and the safety of abortion providers. If you’re feeling bold, give him or her a call.
- Read books about the history of abortion and abortion providers. Some particularly good ones are The Story of Jane: The Legendary Feminist Underground Abortion Service and This Common Secret: My Journey as an Abortion Doctor.
- Watch documentaries about abortion, such as The Abortion Diaries, I Had an Abortion, and Legal, But Out of Reach.
- Speak up about abortion and abortion providers’ safety in your community.
- Also read iamdrtiller.com where you can find the above information and much more on the life and work of Dr. Tiller and other providers.